"It's never too late to start your life over."

You know how it is, you're just minding your business, doing whatever it is you are doing and all the sudden, something catches your attention, be it a car, or a woman, or an airplane at 30,000 feet and BANG, you aren't doing what you were doing before, you are distracted by said shiny thing. Yea, welcome to my life.
"I'm not stupid, I'm easily distracted."

Friday, March 14, 2008

I've got a new ride

Yep, I went ahead and bought a new bike.  I know, that isn't much of a surprise for anyone who actually knows me.  I rode it today at South Mountain in Phoenix.  It was fantastic.  Now, I know I don't have the bike dialed in yet, I still have some playing to do with the suspension and I really need to get used to the way the tires bite (of course that could just be my lack of familiarity with riding in sand.)  None of that seemed to matter though.  The ride was fast, very fast with me taking sections of trail that would have scared me too much to even try on other bikes I have ridden.

The bike is made by a company called Pivot Cycles beautiful.  She is anodized blue with red bits all over.  Here are some gratuitous bike shots, because I like to do that.




The ride was fantastic.  I kept thinking, "I shouldn't be able to go this fast on a bike I have never ridden on trails I have never seen." On the other hand I was able to do it just fine.  No problems at all.

The trails are fast and swoopy.  The trail I rode was called Desert Classic and I started from the Pima Canyon trailhead in Phoenix.  Lots of fun, and while a beginner trail, it was perfect for me today, I didn't want to ride too hard and I haven't been off-road in over a year, and then only for two rides on a borrowed bike.



So tomorrow I will go out for a short ride.  Pivot is doing a demo at South Mountain in the morning and I want to see if I can score a free t-shirt by riding up on my Pivot.  We will see but I don't want to ride too hard because I am going to go to a race this weekend.  Yea, that's a good idea...

No comments: