"It's never too late to start your life over."

You know how it is, you're just minding your business, doing whatever it is you are doing and all the sudden, something catches your attention, be it a car, or a woman, or an airplane at 30,000 feet and BANG, you aren't doing what you were doing before, you are distracted by said shiny thing. Yea, welcome to my life.
"I'm not stupid, I'm easily distracted."

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

On the road again

On the road again
I'm back in the road. That isn't such a bad thing. I planned this trip much better than the last. 
The last trip was to Seattle. I tried to maximize my time in the office and in so doing, well, screwed myself. 
I went to work early that morning after getting up at 5:30 am. I worked until around 1:30 or so and hopped on a flight to Seattle. The plane landed around 8:40 pm and I then had time to rent a car, drop my bags at the hotel and then drive 2 hours to the job site where I was meeting the crew. 
I got back to the hotel around 6:30 am and had to be up at 10:00 am to meet the crew for some training. So a 25 hour day followed by a "full" 3 hours of sleep. There's a good idea! 
The rest of that day went fine but I only managed another 3 hours of sleep before I headed off to meet the crew at another job site about 1.5 hours away. 
I did finally manage a few hours of sleep that week. No workouts though. Only 2-3 meals. 
I followed that week with the LA 13.1 mentioned in a previous post. I did fine. 
So this week is much better planned. 
First, the job sites are within 30 minutes or so of the warehouse and they don't start until 5:00 am. I am using today to travel and visit some previous job sites and I will get to bed early after a short run.  Tomorrow will be an early morning but the day won't be too long.  I will visit the crew at a job site, do some more store visits, and drive to Colorado Springs. I have one more store to visit there but that will be a fairly short trip and then I am done. 
Much better planned. And besides, killing yourself for a boss who doesn't even know you are gone seems silly, don't you think?

On a side note. I'm a bit worried about this flight. They said it was full but there are only about 7 of us here at the gate. I got a seat at the "back" and I'm in isle 4. This should be fun. At least we don't have to go over any mountains to get from LA to Denver.     

No comments: